I’m a former engineer.
I carried a well-stocked toolbox when I was an engineer… and I expect to have a well-stocked toolbox as a manager, facilitator, or human being.
I use them myself, and when I plan a session, I sort through the cards to build an agenda with my client. There are about 50 cards in my collection.
Below is a list of my most-used tools:
- DiSC Behavioral Profile (link)
- Situational Leadership II Model
- ADKAR Change Model (link)
- Six Thinking Hats
- 7-Step Problem Solving
- GROW Model (link)
- The Leadership Challenge LPI
- Facilitation Diamond
- Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- Tuckman’s Team Model (link)
- Globesmart Webtool
- PREP Model
- Strengths – Buckingham
- Humility – Egonomics
- Counterfeits – Egonomics
- Flow (Optimal Experience) Model
- Language Processing Method
- Fishbone Diagram
- Five Finger Facilitation
- Life Balance Wheel (link)
- Points of Power
- Circle of Influence – Covey (link)
- The Results Pyramid – Oz (link)
- Above / Below the Line – Oz (link)
- The Conscious Competence Model
- Gallup Q12 (12 Questions)
- slide:ology Glance Test (link)
- Lominger Career Architect Cards
Check back, as I’ll continue to update this list.
And tell me what’s missing. What are your favorite tools?